Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 12 Reflection-----Teaching Culture Through CALL

     It is important to teach the culture behind the language as language teachers. Teachers can use a lot of tools to help them achieve their yeaching goals. When I taught Chinese, I will refer my students to certain website to learn certain Chinese traditional festivals and cultures.
     For example, when I taught the Spring Festival, I will ask my students to go online to find answers for the following questions:
1. When is the Spring Festival?
2. What color do people wear?
3. What kind of clothes do people wear?
4. What food do people eat?
5. What kind of special things do people do?
By checking online and answering all the questions by themselves, students will have a deep memory of the Spring Festivsl. After this, I will ask them to post their answers to their blogs in Chinese, in thia way, I can make sure that they really understand the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment