Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 4 Reflection--Teaching Philisophy

     As a teacher, one's teaching philosophy is helpful in designing course plans or activities. Technology can be a helpful tool to improve in teaching. In English 105 class, I often use PowerPoint, projector, and BBlearn access.
     I have created PowerPoint for each single class. The PowerPoint is really helpful in classroom teaching. For example, when I was teaching "how to drafting an evaluation essay", I put all three approaches in the PPTs, two inductive approaches and one deductive approach. The students can take a look at all the three approaches and take notes when appropriate, also, I will provide sample essays and ask my students to distinguish which approach each essay has used.
     The projector can be used to share students' good in-class writings. The other students can look at the good in-class writing samples and learn some writing strategies from the samples.
     For BBlearn access, I can post all the rubrics, prompts, useful documents. Also, I will post homework to BBlearn and ask my students to post their response. In addition, the students can access each other's response and make comments to their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment